|A tasty lunch prepared in the local style|
|Orlando debriefs technicians about the patient monitor he worked on Sunday afternoon|
After we said our goodbyes at the Moore Pediatric Surgery Center, we headed back to the hotel for a little R&R, including some heated group card games. Before we knew it, we were off to dinner at the Vesuvio Pizzeria, located in the swankyyy Cayalá complex of east GC. This place looked like it would have been luxurious even for America, or the United States, whichever. Here we grabbed some meter-long (!) pizz
|Anna, Jake, Mary Kate and Miranda|
at our Sunday evening dinner location
|Pizza for miles (... a meter, but still, a meter!)|
|The v iew from the second story window of Visuvio|
|The crew takes in the scenery of Cayalá on a beautiful Sunday evening in Guatemala City|
The team will hit it off again tomorrow, bright and early, to head over to Juan Pablo II Hospital. After the success our team had today one can only imagine what is to come tomorrow.
Memorables of the day:
• Anna, Daniel, and Dr. P killed it with their enviable Spanish skills
• Miranda is the unsung hero thus far, she kept all of our tools in place and in order during the entire day while simultaneously working on her individual projects.
• Dr. Walker apparently acted at one point in his life as Morpheus in the Matrix trilogies starring Keanu Reeves. Maybe we will get to see him perform some martial arts. Hopefully we will have more to say about this later.
• Daniel ate an apple. Much to the chagrin of our health advisor, Anna.
• Israel, our driver, actually owns his own car company!